Mighil is a Chengdu-based music producer and digtial native with 10 years of hands-on experience in content, communication, and marketing. He produced the Kaav & Marupiravi EP for Palakkadan Dystopia (Street Academics). His music has been featured on Rolling Stone and Rock Street Journal. His expat guide to Chengdu is one of the top-ranked blog posts on Google.
|Marketing||Everything Inbound, Growth Hacking, Partnership, Automation.|
|Creative Tools||Adobe CC (PS & AE), Affinity Photo, Camtasia Studio, FL Studio, Procreate.|
|Programming||WordPress Core, HTML, CSS, PHP, Shell Scripting, Python Scripting & Creative Automation (Intermediate).|
|Marketing & Analytics Tools||Ahrefs, Screaming Frog SEO Spider, SEMrush, Google Analytics, Google Search Console, Google Tag Manager, Google Ads.|
|Server Administration||Ubuntu, CentOS.|
|Soft Skills||Problem-solving, Team Leadership, Communication and Collaboration.|
Started career in 2012. Working remotely since 2018.
|Company, role, and time frame||Responsibilities|
November 2021 – present
|I’m currently managing content marketing, product copy-writing, email outreach, communities, and everything inbound at HeyForm & TinySnap.|
January 2020 – October 2021
|Set up the company website in WordPress and WooCommerce. I’ve developed several WP plugins as well. I led the social media team and maintained their website content also.|
April 2020 – Ongoing
|I initiated the technical SEO, local SEO, and inbound marketing strategy for Trycle, an e-learning platform in Kerala bootstrapped by Arun Chandran and the team.|
Kaav EP, Marupiravi EP & VOL I EP
|In 2020, I produced the Kaav & Marupiravi EP for Palakkadan Dystopia (a hip-hop side-project run by Street Academics). Music tracks from my VOL I has been featured on Rolling Stone and Rock Street Journal.|
Nomad Cartel (Previously North Route)
March 2019 – September 2020
|I was responsible for setting up dedicated servers, enabling cron jobs, and managing WordPress website migrations for North Route. I’ve optimized, migrated, and maintained sites such as citilinks-group.com, experiencetibet.org, dagen.ee, RelevantChinaJobs.com, aboutasia.nl, etc., on behalf of North Route.|
2018 – 2020
|Redesigned and managed the chengduliving.com forum platform as a developer, and I’ve been the social media curator of CL since 2018. We’ve shut down the forum platform in 2020.|
|Set up, Optimize, migrate, and maintain chengduhouserent.com and chongqing-rent.com.|
|Backed by China’s tech giant Alibaba, Labex is a MOOC platform that provides hands-on coding lessons. I improved their conversion rate from 0 to 10,000 in 30 days. I also maintained their website, social media accounts, communities and managed the influencer outreach campaigns.|
|Overseas Operations & Digital Marketing |
Nov 2017 – Nov 2018
|– Dealt with their overseas digital strategy, outreach and PR.|
– The webmaster of ugchain.org and sister projects.
– Translate/proofread documents every now and then (Chinese to English).
– Actively worked on improving social communities.
|SEO Team Leader|
Jun 2015 – Jan 2017
|– Led the IOtransfer SEO team.|
– Managed the inbound marketing activities of iobit.com.
– Implemented link-building campaigns in coordination with SEO goals.
– Assisted in the development and execution of communication/content strategies via social communities in coordination with SEO goals.
– Monitored and administered web analytics dashboards, reports, and key reporting tools and point out key areas of importance in accordance with campaign goals.
– Monitored and evaluated search results and search performance across the major search channels.
– Improved IObit’s product keyword rankings and overall traffic.
Sep 2013 – Jun 2015
|– Created the in-house digital marketing team with Shahan.|
– Our SEO and social media efforts resulted in 54.97%↑ in sessions and 39.89%↑ in page views, respectively, during the period of time Sep 28, 2013 – Feb 28, 2014.
– Inbound marketing activities led to more inquiries and conversion/sales.
|In-house SEO analyst |
Mar 2013 – Jul 2013
|– I was responsible for implementing SEO and social media strategies for clients and in-house projects. |
– Implemented productive SEO strategies and value-oriented tactics as well as focus on a number of ways to drive more people to the brand and its products.
|Web developer trainee |
Dec 2012 – Feb 2013
|Worked on web projects based on PHP.|
|SEO and social media executive |
Jul 2012 – Oct 2012
|Dealt with off-page optimization work following the latest search engine terminologies, including tasks such as Article writing, directory submission, social bookmarking, blog writing, etc.,|
wr8.in React JS, Next.js, Vercel (wr8.in)
wr8 lets you create a website in Notion with better SEO. It is a customized version of nextjs-notion-starter-kit, based on NotionX
Met Museum Bot Python (@metmuseumbot, metmuseum.tumblr.com)
A Twitter and Tumblr bot that posts a random object from The Metropolitan Museum of Art.
Abstraktr Python, Shellscript (https://abstraktr.m64.in/)
An art gen that lives on Tumblr as an API made in flask. API endpoint: https://abstraktralpha.pythonanywhere.com/alpha/
Bugs API Python, PHP (Github)
An unofficial JSON REST API for BugGuide.net that lets you access the data-set of 40511 insects.
Hackintosh Configs XML/C++ (Guides)
I’ve written several scripts to help the hackintosh community
More Bots Python (Archived)
I used to run various Python bots on Facebook, Discord and Telegram.
Bot Starter Kit Python & Shell scripting (dot file)
A bash script to run your own Every Word Bot variant on Facebook
Fluent in English. Cambridge BULATS certified.
B2/3- (Writing), B2/3 (EN101), C1/4= (Speaking).